We run a system offering both appointments bookable in advance and same day urgent assessment with our duty team if a problem cannot wait.
Appointments can be made by telephone, in person or online via the link at the top of this page. Some doctors also have bookable telephone consultations, please ask if you think your problem could be dealt with by telephone.
Please be aware that there is great demand for appointments early or late in the day and also with certain doctors. If you particularly need one of these appointments, you will probably need to book much earlier. If your need to see a doctor is urgent, then we will ask you to see whichever clinician is available at that time.
Appointments are for one person only.
More and more patients are now taking advantage of pre-bookable telephone consultations.
They can be used if a face to face consultation is not felt to be essential and can save considerable time for both patients and doctors alike.
Home visits should only be requested if it is impossible for you to visit the surgery. However, please remember that, on average, between three to five patients can be seen by a doctor in surgery during the time it takes to do one home visit.
If a home visit is required, please request this before 11:00 whenever possible, so that your doctor is able to schedule his/her visits. After midday, the duty doctor for the day will cover all other calls on an emergency basis.
If required, we will be happy to provide a chaperone. Please speak with the receptionist.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you during your appointment please notify our reception team in advance and they can arrange this for you.
Cancellations & Reminders
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Responding to the needs of our working age patients we have introduced some late evening and early morning appointments. We have also introduced a regular, monthly, Saturday morning surgery for pre-booked appointments only. Please call the Reception Team on 02380 865051 or 02380 663839 to check availability.
Our next Saturday morning surgery is on the following dates:
- Saturday 11th January 2020 - Forest Gate Surgery
- Saturday 18th January 2020 - Totton Health Centre
- Saturday 1st February 2020 - Forest Gate Surgery
- Saturday 8th February 2020 - Totton Health Centre
- Saturday 22nd February 2020 - Forest Gate Surgery
- Saturday 29th February 2020 - Totton Health Centre
Opening hours on the above dates are 08:00 - 12:00 (please note that these dates are subject to change).
The surgery will not be open for emergencies or urgent medical problems. All such requests should continue to be directed to the Out of Hours Service on 111.
Repeat prescriptions, test results, booking of all appointments and general enquiries will continue to be dealt with only during normal surgery hours - Monday to Friday 08:30 - 18:00.
Extended GP Access Services
There is now greater choice for patients of New Horizons Medical Partnership. In order to provide enhanced access to see a GP we have signed up to services offering appointments at the following locations:
"The Practice at Lymington" (TPAL):
- Lymington New Forest Hospital, Wellworthy Road, Lymington, Hants, SO41 8QD
- Routine appointments are available to see a GP, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse on the day or up to 7 days ahead, at the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 16:00 – 20:00
- Saturday: 08:00 – 16:00
- Sunday: 10:00 – 14:00
- Bank Holidays are the same as Sunday opening times
- To make an appointment, contact New Horizons Medical Partnership during our normal telephone hours or telephone direct to 01590 630545 during their clinic opening times ONLY. Please note that although you will see a GP who has access to our full medical record we cannot guarantee that this will be a GP from New Horizons Medical Partnership.
- This is NOT a walk-in service.
Not sure if you need to see a GP or not?
Did you know that you can access advice and help direct from this website using eConsult?
eConsult is a system that enables patients to contact their GP Practice online, seeking advice and support.
- Advice to manage or improve your symptoms, without needing to visit your GP.
- Advice as to where you can get advice from Healthcare Professionals other than your GP (eg. Pharmacist).
- A method of contacting your GP via an eConsult for non-urgent conditions.
- A wide range of self-help resources to help you take care of yourself.
- An easy to understand and easily accessible service with no usernames or passwords.
- A professional, reliable review of symptoms with a response by the end of the next working day.
- Faster treatment than waiting for an appointment.
Please be advised that this service is for patients who are registered at this Practice with non-urgent medical issues. If you believe your problem to be urgent, please contact the surgery on 02380 865051, call NHS 111 or contact 999 if you have a life threatening medical emergency.
Click on the banner below to get started, or take a look at the video opposite for more information: